Royal Canin Urinary s/o should only be fed after an according diagnosis and a veterinary prescription.
- bacterial cystitis
- calcium oxalate prophylaxis
- struvite prophylaxis
- dissolution of struvite stones
- parallel treatment with drugs that acidise the urine
- heart insufficiency
- chronic kidney insufficiency, metabolic acidosis
- pregnant and lactating females
Duration of treatment:
5 to 12 weeks, or until the dissolution of struvite crystals / stones. For urinary tract infections, the diet should be administered at least for 1 month after the first negative urinalysis. Note: for older dogs an assessment of the renal function before administering Uinary s / o is recommended.
- Urine dilution: by increasing the urine volume, the formation of struvite- and calcium oxalates is counteracted.
- struvite-dissolution: the composition supports the dissolution of struvite crystals and stones.
- low RSS value: helps to reduce the struvite- and oxalate crystal forming ions in the urine (undersaturation).
-low content of magnesium: magnesium is an important component of struvite stones (ammonium magnesium phosphate).
The struvite and the calcium oxalate formation is counteracted because of the RSS value optimisation (RSS = relative supersaturation).
Vitamin D3: 190 IU, E1 (iron): 11 mg, E2 (iodine): 0.33 mg, E4 (copper): 2 mg, E5 (manganese): 3.5 mg, E6 (Zinc): 33 mg - Technological additives: Cassia gum: 2.5 g
|weight of the adult dog (kg)||g||€||range in days|
|Time of Delivery||3-5 days|